* Take a drink if the fic is set in the 'Legend of Spyro' canon
** Take two if the fic title has 'the Legend of Spyro' anywhere in it
** Take three if its abbrivated to 'TLOS'
** Take three if it's 'the Legend of' with some OC or other character replacing Spyro in the title
*** Add on another drink if its basically a rewrite of the game, but with other characters/OCs included
* Take a drink if the words 'dark', 'darkness', 'blood', 'destiny', 'legacy', or 'prophecy' is written in the fic title
** Take two if it uses two of those words in the title
** Take three if there's more than three of those words in the title
* Take a drink if the fic is about Spyro and Cynder facing a new evil
** Take two if its a 'new ancient evil'
*** Add on a drink if one of the antagonist main motivations is 'getting revenge on Cynder'
*** Alternatively, add on a drink if they claim they were behind Malefor the entire time
*** Alternatively, take another one if Malefor ends up pulling a Dr. Wily and hijacks the plot. If its used in conjunction with 'man behind the man' above, take another one
* Take a drink if its part 'whatever' in a massive fic series
** Take two drinks if its refered to as books instead of parts
* Take a drink if its set exactly after 'Dawn of the Dragon'
** Take two if the prologue has 'You cannot defeat me, I am eternal!' anywhere in it
** Take three if it's either in all caps, bolded, underlined, or italiced
** Down the can/bottle if its any combination of the four
*** Add on a drink if, after all that, it basically becomes a glorified highschool AU
* Take a drink if the fic focuses more on Cynder rather than Spyro
** Take three if people hating Cynder is a major theme of the fic
* Take two drinks if the fic completely ignores the fact that Cynder said 'I love you' to Spyro at the end of DotD
** Take a drink if it does acknowledge it, but brushes it off as 'Spyro didn't hear her'
* Take a drink if 'This Broken Soul' is copy and pasted word for word into the fic at some point
** Take three if Cynder's the one singing it
* Take a drink if Ignitus reveals himself to be the Chronicler early on in the fic, thus negating any impact his supposed death had
* Take a drink if another purple dragon besides Spyro or Malefor appears in the story, despite the whole 'only one purple dragon every ten generations' thing
** Take two if s/he's the major antagonist
** Take two if she's female
** Take three if s/he's Spyros brother/sister
* Take a drink whenever an OC comes in that's in someway related to either Spyro or Cynder (mother, father, brother, sister, ect, ect...)
* Take a drink if there's a human turned dragon in the fic
** Take two if they're happy about it and/or have always wished/dreamed/hoped this would happen
** Take three if its because they were unloved/abused in their old life
* Take a drink everytime Cynder angst about her past
* Take a drink if Flame and Ember appear in the story, despite the whole 'Year of the Dragon genocide' thing
** Take two if the reason for them surviving is that their eggs were laid late, or they were saved in a similar manner as Spyro
* Take a drink if an OC dragon around their age shows up in a similar manner
** Take a drink if they have a 'dark and trouble' and/or 'mysterious past'
** Take two if finding out about said past is a major part of the fic
** Take three if she's female
*** Add on a drink if they're a blatant recolor of a canon character
*** Add on another if it's a blatant recolor of Cynder
*** Add on another drink if they get paired with a canon character
*** Make it two if it's either Spyro or Cynder
*** Add another one if (in-universe) people hate him/her for some irrational reason
*** Make it another one if said reason is never explained
*** Make it another one if said reason is explained, but it's something like 'too beautiful, everyone else is jealous' or those likes
*** Add another drink if they're eyes change color based on their emotions
*** Add on another drink if they're somehow more powerful than Spyro or Cynder
*** Again, add on a drink if they're a purple dragon
*** Make it two if they're some kind of special dragon that's somehow more powerful than a purple dragon
** Take two drinks if they possess some element that is not one of the canon four (fire, ice, electric, or earth)
** Take three if its something ridiculous like blood, spirit, or pure energy
*** Add on another drink if they possess more than one element
*** Down the can/bottle if the second element is equally ridiculous
* Take three drinks if Ember's derailed into a complete bitch who tries to sabotage Spyro and Cynder's relationship
* Take a drink if Spyro and Cynder break up during the fic
** Take three if it was caused by Ember
*** Take another drink if they end up getting back together again three or so chapters later
* Take a drink everytime Spyro/Cynders super powered evil sides are brought up
** Take two if they actually appear in the fic
* Take a drink if the fic is set in the far future and focuses on a new purple dragon
** Again, take two if she's female
** Take a drink if any character in it is a descendant of Spyro and/or Cynder
** Take two if its the purple dragon
* Take a drink if its revealed Ignitus is Spyros biological father
** Take two if its revealed he's Cynders biological father
* Take a drink if another war starts up over the course of the fic
** Take three if its because of Malefor
* Take a drink if the fic ends on a sequel hook
** Take three if it's already part of a massive series
* Take a drink everytime Flame gets jealous of Spyro (be it over his own fame or Ember fawning over him)
** Take two if he eventually attacks Spyro because of this.
*** Take three if he eventually goes evil because of this.
* Take a drink if Flame is completely head over heels for Ember, despite the fact that they never met in canon.
* Take a drink if Flame is already in a relationship with Ember with no relevance to the plot what-so-ever just because the author doesn't want Ember getting in the way of SpyroXCynder.
* Take a drink if Flame somehow becomes the new fire guardian.
** Take two if he beats Ember for the title.
* Take a drink if the story has Flame acting like a hot-head, despite being rather cheerful and looking up to Spyro in the games proper.
* If by some stroke of luck you're reading a classic verse fic focusing on Spyro X Ember, take a drink if the main reason Spyro's considering getting together with Ember is because he's going through puberty
* Similarly, outside of characters like Ember, Flame, and possibly Elder Tomas, take a drink if said Classicverse fic ignores anything that happened between the Classic Trilogy and TLoS
* Take a drink if you're reading a Classicverse fic that does acknowledge stuff that happened between the Classic and Legendverse trilogies, and is set after Shadow Legacy, but for whatever reason still has Ember fan girling and trying to hook up with Spyro, despite hooking up with Bandit over the course of that game.
* Take a drink whenever a Classic Spyro X Elora fic fails to acknowledge the fact that Elora is far older than Spyro, and how massive the species gap between them is.
* Take a drink if a Classic Spyro fic has it to where the only moves Classic knows are how to charge and flame things, despite knowing actually combat techniques and magic in Shadow Legacy.
* Take a drink if the fic only ever has Classic Spyro use fire, despite the fact that he, too, also has more breaths than fire.